Located north of Clermont, Cébazat enjoys a remarkable situation between city and green spaces, volcanoes and the Limagne plains.
At the heart of the Bédat valley, the town of Cébazat offers its 8,500 inhabitants a privileged and unspoilt living environment thanks to:
- a rich natural and developed heritage that the town takes pains to preserve (such as the river that flows through the town, its historic centre and its two parks…)
- a renowned vitality in its culture, sports and associations, with a cultural season, a festival of French songs, numerous exhibitions and 80 dynamic associations that offer numerous events and services.
- high quality public services: multi-service childcare, home care, a music school…
- a concentrated economic activity with over 500 firms offering nearly 6,000 jobs, local shops and ever increasing business parks. To cite but one: Michelin’s R&D campus Urbalad.
- a weekly market, very popular and appreciated for the quality of its products and its friendly atmosphere, hosting up to one hundred vendors, artisans and local producers and their colourful stalls.
- the council’s commitment to energize the town and to bring together the inhabitants around federative events (the Spring festival, the Eco-citizen Day, the Music festival, National holiday festivities, the Associations Forum…)
Cébazat has also been twinned with the German town Gerstetten since 1992. Strong ties and friendships have developed between the two towns and their inhabitants. Every year, both twinning committees organize visits that foster exchanges and broaden cultural horizons.